Jon Gordon wrote on his blog about how to energise your year.
He came up with about 20 tips, so I thought I summarise the main ones here:
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. Focus on the good things in life and be thankful for everything you have.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose is to ___________ today.
4. Live with the 3 E’s. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
5. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, qigong and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
6. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured in plants.
7. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
8. Engage in daily random acts of kindness.
9. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing positive energy into your life.
10. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
11. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
12. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
13. Smile and laugh more.
14. Each night before you go to bed reflect on the day and say thanks for what it was and wish for what you like it to be tomorrow.
15. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
Read more on Jon’s blog and subscribe to his newsletter. It’s good energy and good stuff!