Thank you for bearing with me. 60 days, or the lengths of 60 days. That’s 9 weeks, yet no content on the weekends. Anyway, we made it.
We are coming out of lockdown, if slowly.
I have been a big MASH fan for many years. This video is probably one of the saddest scenes ever, but kind of also summarises my current mood a bit. Get me out of here, and farewell, goodbye and amen. Don’t make me remember the bad days. Don’t let people smother their children….
Throughout this lockdown, if you were lucky enough to have food, shelter, and a toilet, you were probably privileged. Having a garden, nature to walk in and space, then you were lucky. If you were, be grateful for it and thankful for the friends and mentors that support you. If you haven’t filed for divorce, consider yourself lucky.
I do. I am grateful, despite the situation.
I have been thinking of how to end this blog series.
a) With a thank you for your comments, encouragement and chats, support and input
b) With a toast to those key workers, including my wife, who have done an outstanding job of getting us through this period
c) With a toast to all mothers and fathers, including my wife, who have done an outstanding job of homeschooling and continue to do so
Times have been tough.
Stopping a contract in the worst possible period for employment, and launching an online course that helps you to get through this period, and deciding what to do next is tough. But it could have been tougher.
I am grateful.
Here are some of my thoughts and asks:
- Keep looking for that position you are after. If you don’t know what you want to do, head over to my course and find out what you want to do. If you cannot afford the £99, please reach out to me, let’s talk. I want to help!
- Keep deciding and make decisions. Keep believing that what you want to do will lead to a return. Believe!
- If you can afford to pay for a Mindfulness Course for your employees, please let me know. I honestly believe it adds a ton of value, and I got testimonials to prove that. Make this world a better, less stressful, place. Open your eyes and help your employees to open theirs. NOW is the time to act (Again, if you are a smaller organisation or cannot pay a fee for a mindfulness course, reach out and we can talk).
- Above all, stay positive if you are in a difficult position. I have been there a lot of times in my life, and if this “Covid thing” hadn’t happened, I knew where I would be today. But it did happen, to all of us, we are all in the same boat, it is ok, we get through this.
- Believe. Again, and still, and forever.
Apologies for some advertising here, but I am really trying to help. From pro bono coaching, online courses, mindfulness courses and ongoing support, mentoring and help. As much as I received over the years, I am happy to return. That’s how it works. And things will return to the new normal, and we are all going to be ok.
Any comments, any thoughts, please comment on social media or let me know via DM.
Continue to stay safe, be grateful. I am sending you love, kindness and a virtual hug from my little corner of this ever changing yet wonderful world.